Friday, August 29, 2008

Calling---- What Calling???

So about a month ago I got called to be a Den Leader of the 8 yr. old boys. To say I was less then enthusiastic is an understatement. My exact words were that I would try it and see if it was something I could even do. So last week I'm just going about my day when Victoria shows up to be babysat for the day. As Alta is leaving she says " Oh congratulations on your new calling" I said how did you find out I was a Den Leader ( They are no longer in our ward) She said I didn't know you were a Den Leader I meant your calling in the Stake Activity Days. She said they sustained you yesterday at Stake Conference. I said that wasn't me I know nothing about it. So I proceed to go through out my day. Pretty soon my phone starts ringing with several different people calling me about my new calling. I tell them the same thing it's not me.

So I call Rich and ask him do you think it could be me and they forgot to tell me?? He just laughs and laughs and is no help. So I wait all that night and the next day to see if I get a call from the Stake. No one calls so I just forget about it.

Then last Sunday comes and we are having a homecoming so the Stake President is there of course. After Sacrament I'm taking Zach to Primary--still not thinking anything about this calling and the Stake President comes and asks if he can meet with me and Rich. Right then and there I knew it must be me.

So off we go to meet with him and sure enough they had forgotten to ask me about the calling and they had already sustained me at Stake Conference. The Stake President felt really bad I could tell. He kept apologizing like crazy. By this time I'm just laughing. What do I know about Activity Days--Let alone be the Stake Activity Days Coordinator. So before anything else could go wrong he set me apart and released me from being a Den Leader.

So I have a new calling and hopefully I will learn what exactly it is. So beware if people start congratulating you on a calling you know nothing about. It might possibly be you.

3 comments:

The Emery's said...

That is too funny! I've only heard of that happening one otehr time and that was actully this week! Buy really I think ya lucked out. Activity Days Coordinator sounds MUCH better than Den Leader!!! Congrats!

Angie said...

Kim,
How weird!!! Ya know, I thought the same thing. I thought, "didn't Kim say that she was the Den leader? Maybe she got two callings?" I meant to ask you about it as well, but then I thought that maybe there was just another Kim Graham somewhere in our stake. That's a little scary knowing everyone in the stake knows you have a calling, and yet you are the last one to know what it is. Yikes! Anyways, thanks for sharing your story. It sure gave me a good laugh!...and yes, I am glad you are laughing as well!

Sherrie said...

OH Kim... that is strange. Be glad it's Activity Days and not Den leader. It's a much better calling I promise! Thanks for letting Ryan hang with Jessie. It was nice to see them together.