Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update On Zach

Just thought I would update on Zach. So as I mentioned before Zach had several different tests run last week to find out finally what is really wrong with my sweet boy. On Friday the Doctor called me back for the first time. Never a good sign when the Dr. is out of town and calls you. So one of the tests that Zach had done was for Cystic Fibrosis. I was positive it was not going to be that and almost didn't take him in for the test. His results came back above what they should be for the test to be negative. So as the doctor was explaining to me over the phone, I was trying really hard not to totally freak out what we needed to do next. She had already contacted the Pulmonoligist at the hospital and talked to them about Zach. She said they wanted to retest him in 2 months for this due to the fact that several other things came back positive on him. They are hoping that his other levels are throwing everything off. To make a long story very short he is allergic to Wheat, Milk, Egg Whites, and Soy. So what do I feed him-- my question exactly.

The doctor called today again to tell me that she has an appointment for me with a new Allergist and a Pulmonoligist set up for me on the 26Th of this month. Anyone who has ever tried to get an appointment with a Dr. at Primary Children's knows this is pretty quick service. She also gave me the information to get with a Dietitian at the hospital. That appointment is set up for the 23rd. So we are just taking this all one day at a time. I have said all along I could handle whatever was wrong with him as long as we finally knew what it was. Well now we know and so we are trying to deal. I am just praying that when we retest in 2 months that he comes back in normal range for the Cystic Fibrosis.

I have always known that there was something not right with Zach. Even when everyone tried to convince me that he was just fine. I always had a feeling that there was something wrong. So mothers intuition was right and I am very thankful I kept fighting and finding doctors until I got an answer. So for all the mom's reading this listen to your heart because as mom's we know our kids better then anyone else.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Oh Kim, I'm sorry. I hope you will find out it really isn't CF. I know you have always known something was wrong. I am glad you are finally getting the answers you need. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if I can ever do anything to help. Your Friend Always!

Angie said...

Kim,
The good news is that you now know. The bad news is that its a shock, I'm sure! I am sorry you have to go through this. I feel like I am going through the same thing with Makayla...just in a different category. It's frustrating, I know. But I know the Lord is mindful and He will take care of you and Zach. Just hang in there!

The Emery's said...

Kim I know there's nothing I can say that will help you feel better right now, but I just wanted to let you know that I care and that I'm praying for Zach and you. I hope it's something other than CF. Keep us updated.

Michelle